Development Review Committee
The Development Review Committee (DRC) was established to review all land development applications within the city limits of Starkville. The committee consist of city staff and local utility companies and meets every Thursday at 9:30 am on the second floor of City Hall located at 110 West Main Street. To submit an application for DRC, contact the Planning Department.
The City of Starkville believes in transparent government and Development Review Committee meetings are open to the public. However, Development Review Committee meetings are not public hearings and there is no agenda item for public comment. Only City Staff members and applicants at the appropriate time may speak.
If you desire to speak about any issue The Starkville Board of Aldermen welcomes your comments during citizen comments at regularly schedule meetings of the Board of Aldermen.
- Development Review (DRC) Application
- Authorization Letter (needed if applicant is not property owner of record)
- Development Checklists and Flowchart
- Minor site plan reviews, defined as less than 2,000 square feet of floor space and/or less than two acres in size. Application fee: $50.00.
- Major site plan reviews, defined as 2,000 square feet or more of floor space and/or two acres or greater in size. Application fee: $100.00.
Community Development/ Planning:
Daniel Havelin, City Planner
662-323-2525 ext 3136
Community Development/ Planning
Emily Corban, Assistant City Planner
662-323-2525 ext 3138
Community Development/ Development Services:
Joyner Williams, Building Official and ADA Coordinator
662-323-8012 ext 3132
Community Development/ Engineering Division:
Edward Kemp, PE, City Engineer
662-323-2525 ext 3111
Stein McMullen, Fire Marshall
662-323-1212 ext 12
Mark McCurdy, Fire Marshall
662-323-1212 ext 21
Captain Mark Ballard
Starkville Utilities- Water and Sewer:
Jacob Forrester, Assistant Manager
Sanitation & Environmental Services Department:
Starkville Utilities- Electric:
Jason Horner, Systems Engineer
662-323-3133 ext 114
4-County Electric Power:
Rita Holley, Project Specialist